Area / Department: Marketing
Start date: As s(p)oon as possible
Language: Lekker Nederlands
Interested? Send you resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: November 15, 2018
A little bit of background...
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc. started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000, Ben & Jerry's became a wholly owned subsidiary of Unilever, while an independent board of directors took the lead in maintaining and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, advocacy, brand integrity and product quality. Today we have fans in 35 countries around the world.
At Ben & Jerry's we have an inspiring ambition. We want to drive the global movement for social and economic justice and sell the most delicious ice cream in the world with our "connected prosperity business model." That means, that we bring in our activist spirit every day and work hard for what we care about, a true value-driven organization with an associated 3-part mission:
- Social Mission: impact on human rights, workers’ rights and social justice around the world
- Product Mission: Production and distribution of high quality and natural ice cream with euphoric preparations
- Economic Mission: to operate the company on a sustainable financial basis towards profitable growth.
In accordance with our 3-part mission, we also engage in topics of that we are convinced will make a positive contribution to Dutch society. In 2018/2019, we want to contribute to supporting us and future generations of locals and newcomers in a cosmopolitan and liveable society by supporting inclusive actions. A project is e.g. The Ben & Jerry's Ice Academy, where we help 10 refugees to have a good start in the Dutch labour market this year.
About the job
This role roughly comprises four tasks:
- The independent development, planning and implementation of Ben & Jerry's Digital Marketing campaigns in The Netherlands as part of total Marketing campaign (incl offline). This includes campaigns that promote our delicious ice cream, as well as campaigns in which we want to mobilize our fans to work for a good cause.
- With a good sense for our fans and for social issues - such as the integration of refugees or how to bring democracy closer to young people - define and constantly optimize digital content, so that we inspire our fans daily.
- In collaboration with Ben & Jerry’s marketing lead & the global Ben & Jerry's team in U.S. / Vermont constantly working on the further development of our digital marketing to remain one of the top digital brands.
- Find ways to leverage data to drive optimization of our digital marketing tactics including content, media, social media, brand.com and e-commerce.
In detail the tasks are:
Campaign Development & Digital Strategy
- Independent planning, development, implementation and optimization of digital awareness, equity and performance marketing campaigns (product and social mission campaigns) in collaboration with the Ben & Jerry’s marketing Lead global digital team and local partners (including independent management of the digital and media agency)
- Independent management of Ben & Jerry's social media channels and website including performance reporting’s
- Management of local Brand.com in coordination with global digital marketing and Ben & Jerry’s Digital Marketing Services teams.
- "First point of contact" for all relevant agencies (e.g digital and media agency) considering social media and website
Data Driven Marketing & Media
- Defining the KPI matrix to match the campaign objective as well as in-flight optimization with the goal of maximising ROI campaigns
- Creation and analysis of digital reports and independent derivation and implementation of recommended actions
- Identifying opportunities to leverage data to optimize our tactics
- Work in collaboration with our media agency, Unilever, and global digital team to plan media for optimization and execute in-flight optimization
- Help implement audience first media planning for each media campaign
- Independent management and development of content calendars in coordination with the global and regional team
- Identify local content needs and manage local content development in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Independent review and optimization of content using global KPIs to achieve the set business goals.
- Local implementation of the global Ben & Jerry's digital strategy
- External orientation so that Ben & Jerry's is constantly evolving in the field of digital marketing
- Further development of the performance marketing approach together with the Ben & jerry’s Marketing lead to develop and role out full funnel campaigns
Qualifications & Mindset
Several years of experience in the field of digital with a focus on is a must
Digital media - KPI definition and in-flight optimization
Performance marketing - integration of awareness and performance campaigns.
Digital Content - Testing and Optimization.
Experience with programmatic media buying and advertising technology
Genuine interest in the social campaigns of ben & jerry’s and the motivation to make a difference and really drive impact in social equity or climate justice
Experience in marketing of a consumer goods company, ideally in an international context
Experience in project management and interface management
A creative eye with a keen sense for consumers
Strong Dutch and English knowledge is a must
Teamwork, flexibility, communication skills, organizational skills, self-employment, resilience, assertiveness, self-confident and confident appearance
Strong ability to analyse and comprehension of complex issues
Very good PC skills and knowledge of several tools that support performance marketing and social content planning